We are Vested
Vested is a US Securities and Exchange Commission Registered Investment Adviser (see risk disclosure). You can view our registration here. Our online platform enables investors from India to invest in US stocks and ETFs easily.
- Fractional share investing
- No minimum balance
- Withdraw anytime
- Create account in minutes
Ready to diversify your portfolio? Sign up today
It’s easy to start investing with Vested. Open an account in minutes and start investing right away. You can even invest in less than one share.
Start investing today in three simple steps.
Create an account
Fund your account
Benefits of Using Vested
Vested is run by a global team of experienced investors with diverse backgrounds. Here are some benefits of using our company:
- Diversification. At Vested, we want to empower you and give you access to more investment options. That’s why we offer you the ability to invest in the US stock market from India. You’ll have access to more than 1,000 stocks and exchange-traded funds (ETFs) listed in the United States.
- Safety and security. Each account is insured up to $500K by SIPC and up to $250K by FDIC. We use 256-bit encryption and SSL to protect your account, as well as ID verification and state-of-the-art login methods.
- Commission-free investing and trading. We don’t charge any fees if you want to trade.
- Fractional share investing. Can’t afford a full stock of your favorite company? With Vested, you can buy a fractional share. You can invest in a company for just $1.
- Create an account in minutes. The Vested account creation process is 100% digital, making it quick and easy to get started.
- No minimum balance. You don’t need to maintain a certain amount of money in your account at all times.
- Easy transfers. Transfer money quickly and easily with Vested’s partner banks.
- Withdraw at any time. You can withdraw money as you please—no minimum time requirements apply. Just click the “Withdrawal” tab on the platform to get started. The money will be wired directly to your bank account in India. Note that it may take up to five business days and the cost is $11.
Start Investing Today!
Vested makes it easy to invest in US stocks from India. We offer many great benefits. Get started with just one dollar. Sign up today!
Not ready to invest yet?
Sign up to receive updates about the US market and investing insights from Vested.
Vested uses 256-bit encryption and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to ensure the security of our platform and to protect all your information. We also employ state of the art log-in methods, automatic logouts, and ID verification to help prevent unauthorized access.
If Vested shuts down, you would still have access to all your cash and securities. Your assets are held at a 3rd party custodian, we do not ever touch or hold your money. We will ensure that direct DriveWealth access is established for you to further buy or sell securities. In the highly unlikely event that both Vested and DriveWealth both shut down, your SIPC insurance kicks in. Each brokerage account opened with Vested is insured by SIPC (Securities Investor Protection Corporation) up to $500,000, this includes $250,000 in cash. For more details, please read here.
For our users there are two types of taxation events: (1) Taxes on investment gains: You will be taxed in India for this gain. You will not be taxed in the US. The amount of taxes you have to pay in India depends on how long you hold the investment. 24 months is the long-term capital gain threshold and the tax rate is 20% with indexation benefit. Below 24 months is short-term capital gain and is taxed according to your income tax slab (2) Taxes on dividends: Unlike investment gain, dividends will be taxed in the US at a flat rate of 25%. Fortunately, the US and India have a Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA), which allows taxpayers to offset income tax already paid in the US. The 25% tax you already paid in the US is made available as Foreign Tax Credit and can be used to offset your income tax payable in India.
Yes. We follow the RBI’s Liberalized Remittance Scheme (LRS) guidelines. Instituted by the RBI, the LRS is a set of policies that governs the maximum amount and purposes of remittance. Under the LRS, an Indian resident can annually send up to USD $250,000 abroad without seeking approval from the RBI. The LRS has made it easier for Indian residents to study abroad, travel, and make investments in other countries. For more information, you can read more here. For the most up to date regulations you can refer the RBI’s website here. Please see article 6(iii) for specific LRS regulations regarding investments in equity.
Share ownership verification works slightly differently in the US than in India. Shares are held by a third-party custodian in the ‘street name’ of the broker rather than the underlying investor. This is why you do not receive direct emails from the custodian regarding your holdings. As per SEC guidelines, if you want to confirm the share ownership for your Vested account, you can contact DriveWealth, our broker partner, directly at email@example.com.
On the Vested platform you can invest in either full or fractional shares. When your investment is in full shares, our broker partner (DriveWealth) will route the orders to market centers on an Agency basis. When the investment is fractional shares, our broker partner will satisfy the order from its own account, on a Principal basis, at the National Best Bid or Offer (NBBO). NBBO means that DriveWealth cannot add margin to the price. So, if the market price of 1 share of Amazon is $1000, and you purchase 0.1 share of Amazon, you will pay $100 for the 0.1 share. Any orders for both full or fractional shares will be executed via both methods, part as Agent and part as Principal.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .